The Victorian Railways officially dieselised in 1968. In the decade preceding this, the declining number of steam locomotives occupied the interest of railenthusiasts of the time.
Thanks to the forsight of Arthur Hill, who took his movie camera out to record these scenes, and Ian Scutt, who meticulously syncronised the audio, we have a DVD that takes the viewer back to those bygone days.
Featured in this programme are:
- A2 995 between Bet Bet and Maryborough.
- N 419 on the 7.10am Castlemaine Goods ex Maryborough.
- Steam operations on the Geelong to Ballarat line.
- `J'class on the North East and Western lines.
- Double headed È'class shunting at Newport Workshops and more.
Catalogue number: CFRD 1017 Colour
Running Time: 50 miniutes approx.
Twilight of Victorian Railways Steam
DVD-R - PAL - FREE REGION
Buy 3 DVDs and get FREE shipping